- SuperNATURAL Piano delivers the authentic sound and interactive tonal response of an acoustic grand piano
- Authentic grand piano touch from the PHA-50 keyboard with progressive hammer action and escapement, which combines the traditional look and feel of wood with the durability of modern materials
- Progressive damper action pedal offers continuous response for half-pedaling and other traditional acoustic piano techniques
- Bluetooth wireless connection to smartphones and tablets for using music apps and streaming audio through the piano’s speaker system
- Roland’s unique Piano Partner 2 app encourages daily piano learning and makes practicing fun
- Onboard Piano Designer function and free accompanying app allow customization of acoustic piano characteristics including individual note tuning, string resonance, lid position, and more
- 25 registrations for storing favorite sound setups, including layers and splits; registration groups can be backed up to USB flash memory
- Large selection of non-piano sounds such as strings, woodwinds, organ, and more
- Powerful built-in practice tools and over 350 onboard songs to challenge players at all levels
- Headphones 3D Ambience technology for natural, realistic sound when practicing with headphones
- Classically styled cabinet with a compact footprint that’s perfect for smaller spaces
- Three premium finishes: Contemporary Rosewood, Contemporary Black, or White
Accelerate Your Development with Highly Expressive Piano Sound
An important part of improving on the piano is carefully listening to your playing to understand how your expressions influence the sound. But if your instrument isn’t capable of faithfully reproducing them, it’s impossible to properly evaluate your progress. The HP601’s SuperNATURAL Piano engine with 288-note polyphony delivers the rich, expressive tone of an acoustic grand piano in every way, with complex, dynamic sound that tonally changes in response to the way you play.
Flagship Keyboard and Advanced Pedals for an Authentic Piano Experience
Equipped with Roland’s flagship PHA-50 keyboard, the HP601 further supports the important sound/touch interaction with ultra-responsive sensing that translates every subtle playing nuance. The keyboard combines wood sides with durable molded materials, providing a traditional grand piano look and the feel of ebony and ivory with no worries about costly reliability issues down the road. The HP601 also includes three integrated pedals that support progressive and half-pedal control.
Integrated Features for Practice and Learning
The HP601 is equipped with variety of onboard features for practice and musical growth. Over 350 ready-to-play songs include traditional music, classical masterpieces by Mozart and Beethoven, and famous piano etudes from Hanon and Czerny. There’s also a convenient onboard metronome with variable time signatures, providing an essential tool to develop your sense of timing. A handy onboard recorder captures your playing to USB flash media, allowing you to check your progress and share music with friends and family. And when you want to play side by side with a teacher or friend, you can activate Twin Piano mode and split the keyboard into two 44-note pianos, each with their own middle C.
Enhance Your Enjoyment with Bluetooth Connectivity and Music Apps
With the HP601’s onboard Bluetooth technology, you can wirelessly connect with your iOS or Android device for instant enjoyment and enhanced learning. To start, you’re able to play along with your favorite songs in your smartphone or tablet as the audio streams through the piano’s onboard speakers or headphones. Roland’s unique Piano Partner 2 app takes things even further by augmenting and enhancing the HP601’s many onboard features. It shows digital notation for the piano’s internal songs, and you can even turn pages with the pedals. There’s also a variety of fun backing rhythms, letting you build your timing with pop, jazz, blues, and other music styles. And with the app’s cool diary feature, you’re able to track your practice progress with stat logs and daily notes.
Customize the Piano for Your Personal Style and Taste
As your piano skills evolve, your personal sound tastes will too. With the HP601, you have a variety of options to customize the piano for your individual style and touch. The powerful Piano Designer function allows you to personalize grand piano tones by adjusting the various tonal elements that affect the sound, including string resonance, the resonance characteristics produced when using the pedals, and more. It’s even possible to fine-tune each note by separately adjusting tuning, volume, and tone character for all 88 keys. The HP601 is also compatible with the free Piano Designer app, which allows you to use your tablet device to make customization even easier.
Additional Sounds and Onboard Registrations
Along with its world-class grand pianos, the HP601 includes sounds like electric piano, organ, strings, woodwinds, and more, allowing you to explore a variety of popular music styles. From the panel, it’s possible to layer and play two tones at the same time, such as piano and strings. Or you can split the keyboard to play different tones with each hand, such as organ with the right hand and piano with the left. When you find a favorite combination, you can store it in one of 25 registrations for instant recall later. And from the Piano Partner 2 app, you have quick access to hundreds of additional sounds in a variety of categories.
Avoid Costly Maintenance and Play Any Time You Want with Headphones
With its modern digital approach, the HP601 eliminates all the downsides of owning an acoustic piano. First and foremost, the advanced sound engine never needs tuning or other regular maintenance, saving you lots of time and money. Another prime advantage is the ability to play quietly with headphones. The innovative Headphones 3D Ambience technology in the HP601 optimizes the audio so it sounds like it’s coming from within the piano itself, enabling you to practice for extended periods of time without fatigue, day or night. If you already have an acoustic piano, the HP601 is an ideal second instrument to place in a spare room for night practice.