Hot pickups, custom controls
The custom-designed humbucking pickups in this Tele use a special dual-volume setup with the bridge pickup control in the front position and the neck pickup control in the back position — John 5 prefers this setup because he spends a lot of time giving the bridge pickup a workout. The sizzling bridge humbucker uses a ceramic magnet, while the custom neck humbucker has Alnico 5 magnet material. You also get a 3-way pickup selector switch and distinctive chrome hardware. Rapidly toggling the upper-bout 3-way pickup switch gives you 5’s signature kill effect by turning off the neck pickup volume and leaving the bridge control full up — a feature we here at Sweetwater really love.
It’s a Tele, and then some
Based on a classic Tele design, the body of the J5 Telecaster is made from instantly recognizable alder that resonates with that classic Tele tone. A one-piece modern C-shape maple neck with Indian laurel fingerboard offers stellar comfort, playability, and response. Other fine appointments on the J5 include die-cast tuning machines, a 6-saddle Tele humbucker bridge, and a bound top and back.
Squier John 5 Signature Telecaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Signature Tele from a modern rock legend
- Pair of custom humbuckers kick out an array of tones and stylings
- 1-piece modern C-shape maple neck with Indian laurel fingerboard offers stellar comfort, playability, and response
- Classic alder body is resonant and gorgeous
- 3-way pickup switch gives you 5’s signature kill effect
- 6-saddle Tele humbucker bridge provides stellar tone support